Saturday, May 15, 2010

SG Tri

The SG Tri had over 300 people signed up for the olympic distance race, including about 7 elites which are considered as professionals. There were many more entered in the sprint race happening at the same time so that made it a little interesting with the endless lines of bikers and runners! I'm guessing there were maybe 800 people racing all together today. The winner of the olympic distance race in 1:58 was Dan Springborn, a 30-34 age grouper. 2nd place was Weston Woodward an elite, in 1:59. And 3rd place was me in 2:02. I got some cool prizes, a heavy stone plaque that will make our RV lose one mpg, a medal for finishing that also serves as a beer bottle opener (much use that'll be since I don't drink beer or soda). And finally a 50 dollar gift card for Tri Sports which will help me to get a new race suit! Here's some more pictures of the day. Sorry for the blurry pictures, the camera wasn't working properly.

Me on my way to set up my gear in the transition area. The day was sunny and beautiful, perfect racing conditions!

The swim course was two laps of a 1/2 mile loop with people starting in waves 10 minutes apart. I was in the 2nd wave, after the male and female elites.

The 33k or 20.5 mile bike course wasn't too easy, there was a big hill climb 3 miles into the bike.






The aid stations and the famous volunteers who help to make the race happen!


On the run I didn't feel my strongest, but it still felt smooth. Could be my fastest 10k in a triathlon so far though!

In the transition area behind me, there are at least 800 or even a thousand bikes.

Awards ceremony, overall males.







1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Congratulations 3rd overall! Sweet!