Sunday, April 25, 2010

Race pictures

My first Xterra of the season went better than expected! It was fun to get out there and race again, all went great! I was feeling much stronger coming off the bike on this race than at Lavaman 4 weeks ago.Dad and I before the race start. Dad was doing his own race too, a duathlon that was about half of the length of my race, but with another run instead of a swim.
Dad took off about 30 minutes before my race started.

I was in the 2nd wave start consisting of men's age groups 15 thru 49.


This is me coming out of the water. The start was a little hectic at first, but everything went good.
Coming out of the water and on to the bike.


Dad coming off his 9 mile bike after a 1.8 mile run.

Dad back on to his next run. 3.1 miles.


Dad finishing strong! He got 2nd place overall in the Duathlon.
Me after my 2nd lap of the 18.6 mile bike course consisting of two 9 mile loops.

Off the bike and on to the 6.2 mile run and feeling great!

This is the first race that was not a sprint that I have finished feeling strong and I was really happy with that.
From left: Mom, Melanie McQuaid (2nd place women's overall), me and Conrad Stoltz.
Mom and I talking to Shonny Vanlandingham, the women's overall winner. She's a really cool person!I'm qualified to race in the Xterra World Championship in Maui because I finished first in my age group. I know there wasn't any other kids, but first is still first! Top overall pros. Conrad Stoltz and Shonny Vanlandingham. Conrad destroyed the race today!




























































































































































































































No comments: