Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reno then Carson City

Saturday I went on a 4 hour mountain bike ride at Reno. The singletrack trails and jeep roads snake all over the mountains next to town. You could ride all day there and still have plenty of more trails left to explore.



By driving south we thought that we would be experiencing sunny and pleasantly warm weather. But due to it being early spring and riding around at 5000 feet above sea level we ran into this cold and white stuff...





Carson City:





This morning we drove from Reno to Carson City and went for a 9 mile run through a canyon. This area is high desert with lots of shrubs, sage brush, and sand. Very different from Alaska where we came from. I ran 4.5 miles in my Vibram Five Fingers until my feet got tired and then switched to my Newtons for the rest of the run. I already am seeing that barefoot running is helping me to become a much more efficient runner.
























No comments: